Sunday, March 28, 2010

Makes No Difference


I want you to know

With everything I won't let this go

These words are my heart and soul


I'll hold on to this moment you know

'Cause I'll bleed my heart out to show


That I won't let go


Alright, let's talk talent. When I was a freshman in high school, Sum 41 was my favorite band. Along with Avril Lavigne, clearly. Now I'm graduating college and still find myself adding "Fat Lip" and "Still Waiting" to the CD's I listen to in my car. Not to mention, knocking people out of the way at parties to play
"Kick Me When I'm High" as I become the ultimate buzz killer.
I don't care.

"Well I hold my only enemy as closely as a friend."

For 8 years I've enjoyed pure Sum 41 bliss. I won't let any West Lafayette, Ed Hardy wearing townie try to prove to me that Beyonce, Jay-Z, and Jason Derulo rank higher. By being fast and filthy, a new breed of hardcore has been created by such a legendary band. Yes, I saw them in concert and I got goosebumps. Forever will they be my go-to band when I'm done reciting every lyric of Blink 182. There's not one song I don't relate to. I'm sure most of Purdue University's campus could find themselves drawn to "Walking Disaster," since most are post-Monday Quarter Beers night.

"Deryck and I have been together for 6 1/2 years. We have been friends since I was 17, started dating when I was 19, and married when I was 21. I am grateful for our time together, and I am grateful and blessed for our remaining friendship." -Avril Lavigne

Sum 41 & Avril. Not to be a living People's magazine, but this glorified gossip hit me hard. I still shed a tear when I see pictures of the happily draped punk-rock couple. Just proves the increasing divorce rate is, indeed, real. Depressing. I may have to end on such an awakening realization of the world I live in.

To the fridge to eat dark chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. omg you are too funny..you write like u talk!
    keep it going...

    ReplyDelete